Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Episode One: A Cool Life


I can still remember my primary school days crystal clear. Do you remember those days? Off the bed (not too) early in the morning, wear the school uniform, carry the muscle-building school bag, and off to school. It is actually a pain in the ass daily routine. Just think, it is very cruel to have little kids to carry something at least half of their own weight. The trend continues on when we reach high school. Well, there are lockers provided, therefore less loads were rested on our shoulders, right?
But, that’s school life. I am now a Master student. This is my third week running a life as a Master student. Life is not bad at all! Life is just getting cooler and cooler each day. I am now enjoying numerous privileges provided by the university to me. 
First, the parking space. While other students struggled to find an available parking space, I don’t have to. Post-graduate students like me have our rides parked by the staff’s parking area. A unique security ID is installed into our Student Card to allow us to rise the security pole. This parking area is restricted and most students are prohibited to park their vehicles there. Why? Students have bad parking skill. Once, I helped a girl to get her car out of the parking space. That was totally ridiculous. Hey, don’t get me wrong! I am well experienced with this troublesome parking crisis. My car was rammed three times in this campus. It cost me several hundred Ringgit to repair her damages. I’m now very thankful to enjoy the staff’s parking space.



Second, conducive work space. Research students can request to utilize the laboratory or research center as their work station. These facilities are equipped with numerous of high-tech, high-end, and state-of-the-art equipment. Therefore, these facilities are strictly limited to authorized personnel. I choose to have my work station at the Applied Electricity Laboratory. I am now granted 24-7 access to this facility. The lab is still under renovation. Upon completion, it will be installed with heavy equipment and machinery such as electric motors and generators. But, the most importantly, this laboratory is also a sanctuary with huge collection of research theses, handy enough to assist my research. 



Basically, each office constitutes of several individual work cubicles, several printers and scanners. There is also a seminar chamber, used to discuss and present our current research progress. 



Third, the good people. Yes, currently there are lots of nice people around me. Some of them are students like me, while the rest are the university personnel. I enjoy my day with them. We support each other, sharing ideas and stories (gossiping is normal). In fact, in my office, I’m the youngest, and I’m the only one who holds the “single, unmarried” status. Therefore, everyone enjoyed to have me around.
Well, those were just some of the benefits I enjoyed currently. I believe, by Allah’s Will, more benefits will be granted, as long as I still believe Him as my God.


-end-

No comments:

Post a Comment